365 Days of Justice

Today, all those lies and malicious slanders have been put to rest, and the truth has triumphed. The mentors and disciples of Soka have won. Today across the globe, the Soka Gakkai and its first three presidents are highly praised and regarded as shining lights of hope for all humanity.

Friday, November 19, 2010

On the 80th Anniversary of Soka Gakkai Founding

I'm on my way back from HK after my week-long business trip. Tired but feel really exited on this special day. I was reading the novel Human Revolution on the plane and can't help but to think of the determination both the Founding President Makiguchi & his successor President Toda hold on to were so powerful that even the militarist government in Japan couldn't bend them an inch.
However, today there is a scholar, BV, in University of Adelaide claimed Makiguchi Sensei was a supporter of Japan's militarism in his "Engaged Buddhism: A Skeleton in the Closet?"!! How on earth did he came to this conclusion? According to DB, an article contributor to IOP, BV had only partial view of President Makiguchi's writings and he didn't even refer to his most important work, The Pedagogy of Value Creation. Hence it can be very misleading and even dangerous to just have to believe whatever being published even by some "scholar".

Soka Gakkai has come so far in the past 80 years. Ikeda Sensei has successfully built the foundation of kosen-rufu around the world. It is now Sensei's disciple, SGI comrades around the world including myself to move SGI towards 2030, the 100th Anniversary of its Founding.

Let the gods forsake me
Let all persecutions assail me
Still I will give my life for the sake of the Law

No comments: