365 Days of Justice

Today, all those lies and malicious slanders have been put to rest, and the truth has triumphed. The mentors and disciples of Soka have won. Today across the globe, the Soka Gakkai and its first three presidents are highly praised and regarded as shining lights of hope for all humanity.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Egypt Trip

I did a bag-packing trip to Egypt for 16 days during the Chinese New Year break. It was full of excitement, surprises and frustration as well. Beautiful country but it seems to me the people are not trustworthy. Most of them that I met were trying to con some money out of me. Even the seemingly helpful school teacher (as he claimed) that help me with direction on the street was asking me for tips after showing where should I take a cab! I bet there are genuinely nice people out there, but there are just too few on the street. I found out the Egyptian were tricked by foreigners big time in the past centuries with some of their most valuable treasures are still in the Museum of London and the Louvre. After knowing this background, I start to understand why they are now out there to cheat people at all possible occasions. Knowing a culture background is important for us to tolerate a behavior or incidence. I start to see the Egyptian from different lights, and start to appreciate their friendliness and helpfulness. And towards the end of my trip, I met a young guy who even offer to pay my tram ticket! I believe when I change (in me), the environment will just change!

No comments: